IISER Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Integrated PhD programme for the Autumn 2019.
Students with a B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Minimum Qualifying marks:
Candidates need to secure a minimum of 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable). Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
Reservations for candidates will be as per Govt.of India norms.
The qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates are 50% as per Central Government relaxation policy.
Who can apply:
Please note that applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2019 only can apply for the programme :
For Biological Sciences: JAM (Biology and Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS
For Chemical Sciences: JAM (Chemistry)
For Earth Sciences: (a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Minerology
For Mathematical Sciences: JAM (Mathematics)
For Physical Sciences: JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)
Subject combination at Undergraduate level:
Students applying for the Integrated PhD Programme are required to have the following subject(s) in the undergraduate courses:
Important Dates :
| Biological Sciences
|| Any branch of Biological Sciences
|| Chemistry at undergraduate level, and Mathematics in plus II or a course in mathematics AND/OR statistics at undergraduate level
| Chemical Sciences
|| Physics and Mathematics
| Earth Sciences
a. Any branch of Earth Sciences/Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering
b. Students with major in Chemistry may apply if they are interested in research in Environmental Science
c. Students with major in Physics may apply if interested in research in Computational Mineralogy
| Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics
| Mathematical Sciences
| Physical Sciences
Application portal opens: 08.04.2019
How to apply:
Application portal closes: 10.05.2019
Publication of shortlist for interview: 17.05.2019
Tentative Interview dates: 17.06.2019 to 29.06.2019
Publication of IPhD interview results: 03.07.2019
Preregistration portal opens: 03.07.2019
Preregistration deadline: 10.07.2019
IPhD Registration: 26.07.2019
The applicants should open the link at the bottom of this page (Submit New Application) and properly fill the application form as instructed and submit. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take a print as the hard copy of the application.
Selected candidates for interview should bring a printout of application form along with the required documents listed below at the time of interview:
- Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from secondary examination.
- Original/Self Attested copy of the qualifying examination certificate.
- Confidential recommendation letters of assessment (signed hardcopy) of the applicant from two teachers who have taught courses and would be able to evaluate the student as a potential research worker. The teachers should seal the envelopes and sign across the flaps.
Prescribed format for the recommendation letter can be downloaded here
- Proof of qualification in nationwide aptitude tests.
- Photo identity.
- Proof of age.
- Statement of Purpose mentioning research interest and potential supervisors (if any).
- Institute-level committee(s) will scrutinize all the applications, and prepare a shortlist of candidates, who will be called for an interview.
- The Institute will finally declare the list of selected candidates on the Institute website. Students will be given a monthly fellowship.
- For candidates whose final examination marks are not available at the time of interview, admission to the programme will be provisional.Such candidates would have to produce final marksheet to the Academic Office within 60 days of their admission and having secured a minimum of 60% of marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in aggregate (if Honours/Manjor is not applicable).
For any additional query email us at:
iphd AT iiserkol.ac.in
Enquiries sent to any other person or e-mail address may not be entertained.